Why Build a Dog Park?
For a dog owner the answer to why build a dog park is intuitive. But for people who don't own dogs the benefits of having safe places for dogs to run free is not top of mind. Here are some reasons that dog parks make communities better for both dog owners and non-owners alike.
- Safety - Dog owners walking their dogs are eyes for the community, which deters crime.
- Better Dog Behavior - Dog parks socialize dogs, making them friendlier and safer to be around.
- Easy Clean Up - Dog parks keep dog waste concentrated and easier to clean up.
- Stronger Community - Dog parks are a meeting place that build deeper neighborhood connections.
- Fairness - Some people don’t have kids but they have dogs. While there are many playgrounds in the area, there are few places where a dog can safely play in a fenced in space.